Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4 yüklemeden önce Exchange Team Blog’da bulunan Calendar and Tasks Retention Tag Support in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4 makalesini kesinlikle okumanız gerekiyor.
Support for Calendar and Tasks in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4 means you’ll need to treat this update rollup differently. If you don’t use Retention Policies or if you don’t mind Calendar and Tasks items being moved to archive or deleted automatically based on the DPT settings, you can skip the rest of this post.
However, if you are concerned about the effects of this new functionality will have on your calendar and task items, you can implement the following temporary workarounds:
If you don’t want Calendar and Tasks items to ever expire, you can disable the functionality that is included in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4. Add the following registry key to your Mailbox servers:
- Name: ELCAssistantCalendarTaskRetentionEnabled
- Type: DWORD
- Value: 0 = Do not process Calendar and Task folders
- Value: 1 = Process (default with RU4)
If you want Calendar and Tasks folders to expire at a different interval than DPTs, you can follow the following steps:
- Place all mailboxes on Retention Hold
- Apply Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4 to your Mailbox servers.
- Create RPTs for Calendar and Tasks folders with the desired retention settings.
- Inform users about the change.
- When ready, remove the retention hold from mailboxes.
Belirtildiği gibi eğer Rollup 4 yükleyecekseniz, Calendar ve Task Retention Tag desteği sizin altyapınızda nasıl bir etki yapacak planlamanızda fayda var. Daha ayrıntılı bilgi için, bu konunun da tartışıldığı The UC Architects’in Episode 6: MEC sure you hit ‘record’ bölümünü de dinleyebilirsiniz.